The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Quality Assurance Automation Engineer opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or relevant field, or equivalent experience
- 2 to 3 years of experience in automated software testing, ideally including Selenium WebDriver, using a modern framework
- Experience in analyzing functional requirements and design specifications to effectively derive test strategies, test plans, test cases and ultimately automated tests
- Strong QA skills on planning, bug isolation, bug report writing and troubleshooting
- Good understanding of QA processes, methodologies and approaches with respect to Software Development Life Cycles, including Agile/Scrum processes
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Servers and MS SQL Server
- Knowledge of testing desktop applications, web-based applications, and APIs
- Experience with the hardware aspect of testing applications
- Hands-on experience with manual testing
- A high level of initiative and resourcefulness
- Good analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving and learning new concepts quickly
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize workload and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment in which change is common
- A strong team-player approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a Scrum environment
- Experience with CI tools
- Knowledge of test management tools
- Experience in the broadcast industry on the client or vendor side
- Knowledge of different hardware, server, and OS environments
The RoleMaximizing the value of media workflows
At Bitcentral, we build systems for broadcast TV including news production systems and master control. In this staff QA testing position, you will join one join one of the existing Bitcentral development teams in Newport Beach and work with team members on projects that include fixing bugs, adding new features, building new infrastructure components, and occasionally, entirely new modules and products. Your team assignment will change as our needs change.
Your work primarily will consist of working with the Dev/QA Teams to decide which test cases and new features are the best candidates for automation. You will be required to design, implement, and maintain automated tests. In addition to a high level of productivity in testing activities, we'll expect you to participate in other activities including documentation of test cases and test plans, requirements review, design review, and mentoring other testers. On occasion, you may be called on to interact with an offshore testing group, monitoring progress, providing technical guidance, solving problems, and ensuring adherence to quality standards.
More specifically, you will:
- Perform testing activities, including functional, performance, SIT, and regression testing
- Design, develop, and maintain test cases and automated test scripts
- Determine the total breadth and depth of testing required for a given product when developing test cases, in order to ensure that product will meet company quality standards when released
- Review test results and properly evaluate the stability of the software being tested
- Set up test environments with the necessary test data and execute detailed test procedures and test cases for assigned products or product modules
- Analyze and report test results to product teams
- Log defects and track them to resolution
- Work effectively with Developers, Product Management, Support, and other teams as needed
- Solving complex problems independently
- Performing duties with little or no supervision
- Providing self-direction in response to changes to requirements and specifications
- Following the departmental and project-specific development standards and processes
What's in It for YouProfessional Development
When you come on board, you will be assigned to a mentor who will answer your questions and help you get started. Additionally, you'll have the support of your team as you begin your work. As your team assignment changes you'll interact with different people and gain exposure to different products.
At Bitcentral, we are dedicated to creating a culture of proactive sharing and listening to understand, we seek to attract and retain the right talent by providing the right resources and the right tools for a productive and rewarding work environment. Our processes allow team member to work to the top of their skillset and deliver their best work.
- CORE:news™ is the #1 news production platform in the US. It offers a comprehensive set of modular tools to run independently or together as an integrated end-to-end production suite. Our News Product Solutions include Oasis, Create and Precis.
- Central Control™ provides master control + automation designed by operators, for operators. Putting it all at the operator's fingertips, Central Control™ is the ultimate in ingest, management, and playout, delivering the perfect balance of flexibility and efficiency. Comprehensive, complete, and real-time on-air tested.
We have a new product coming in September and others in the queue for the next two years. Additionally, we're putting a team together to develop a new and exciting project for the NAB Tradeshow next April. If you're hungry, creative and demonstrate your talent, you could be assigned to one of these new development projects.
Award Winning Innovation
Our innovative, ground-breaking news production, master control and digital workflow solutions have earned a plethora of accolades over the years. A couple of our recent highlights:
- April 25, 2017: Bitcentral received a Technology and Analyzing Emmy® Award, presented by the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS), for innovation in TV newsroom technology. NATAS recognized Bitcentral's contribution to the widespread adoption of the Media Object Server (MOS) protocol, which has revolutionized television newsroom automation.
- 2016: Bitcentral's Continuum™ was the recipient of one of the industry's most prestigious technology honors, NewBay Media's Best of Show Award, presented at the 2016 NAB Show in Las Vegas by TV Technology. NewBay Media's Best of Show Awards are evaluated by a panel of Analysts and industry experts, and are selected based on innovation, feature set, cost efficiency and performance in serving the industry.
In addition to a competitive salary, you'll enjoy full benefits.
Pictured: CEO Fred Fourcher holding Bitcentral's 2017 Emmy®
Keys to SuccessYour technical skills will be essential, but just as important will be your interpersonal and communication abilities. While everyone has individual responsibilities, we also value collaboration. We work in a Scrum environment, so you'll need to be able to deliver quality work to deadlines on a consistent basis.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Quality Assurance Automation Engineer, you will:
- Pay close attention to detail but also understand the big picture and how your part fits into it
- Be tenacious in digging in to discover root causes and come up with solutions
- Remain flexible and willing to pitch in as needed
- Develop a strong understanding of our systems and products, so you understand how a change in one area will impact other areas
- Take initiative in developing your skills and staying abreast of emerging technologies and best practices in quality assurance